1. Scope of Application
The Policy shall be applied when you use Machiya Residence Inn's products and services.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We will collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide various services such as reservation of accommodation and restaurant
- Safety and Security
- Confirm your accommodation booking (include online booking)
- Communicate special products, services, event and campaign, and manage information of those participated
- Conduct questionnaire survey related to our products and services
- Contribute to development of new products and services
- All work related to fulfill our main business (provision of products and services)
- Products and services provided by our related departments
- Communicate various information on our special events and campaigns
- Respond to inquries & requests under special circumstances
3. Collection of Personal Information
In case of collecting your personal information, purpose of its use will be clearly defined and collected to the extent necessary to fulfil the objective only when your consent is given.
4. Securement of Safety, Accuracy and Relevance of Information
We endeavour to strictly control and monitor on your personal information, and place rigid protection to prevent occurence of illegal access into the database, leakage, modification, loss and destruction of data.
Also, take appropriate measures to keep your personal information accurate and up to date, and seek ongoing improvement to ensure handling of personal information is carried out under fair administration continuously.
5. Control on Information Provided to Subcontractor
Due to the nature of our products and services, in some circumstances, there may be cases where we disclose your personal information to our trusted contractors and service providers, but within limits of usage deemed justifiable. We will require these organization to undertake strict management of personal information and ensure that the information is not used for any purposes beyond the scope of our contract with them.
6. Supply of Information to Third Party
Except for cases concerning legal requirements, we will not provide or disclose your personal information to any thir parties without your consent.
Also, we will notify you in case where we receive request to pass on a message or good addressed to you specifically from third parties.
7. Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
While we will not use your information for any purposes without your consent, we may disclose the information to relevant third party organizations, police and other public authorities and other relevant agencies in following cases;
- Official legal inquiry from government agencies, such as courthouse or police
- Protection of our rights and our operations
- Unjustifiable infringment of third parties' rights, asset or reputation
- Disruption of public order
Also, in a case where you make a request to disclose, correct or terminate the use of personal data that identify you, we will, once formal contact is made, confirm your identity in compliance with the procedure specified in relevant laws and regulations, and promptly process your request for disclusre, correction or termination of service.
If you wish to confirm or correct your personal information, we will promptly respond to it within reasonable and necessary limits.