1. Scope of Application
- 1.2.Machiya Residence Inn may change the terms and conditions of the “MACHIYA RESIDENCE INN NEW YEAR CAMPAIGN 2020” (“campaign”, “offer”, “New Year Campaign”, “NY Campaign”) at any time without notice. Any change to the terms of conditions of this Campaign will be reflected in the Terms and Conditions found on the Campaign website, and will be deemed the official version of the Terms and Condition for the “New Year 2020 Campaign”.
- 1.3.Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements between the Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- 2.1.This campaign is valid for confirmed reservations with a check-in date between: 2019/12/26〜2020/01/06
- 2.2.Guests must make a reservation for a minimum of 2 nights or more.
- 2.3.If a guests’ preferred machiya house is unavailable, our Machiya Residence Inn staff will provide an alternative suggestion.
- 2.4.Your reservation will be only be confirmed after a full payment has been made, and you have received a confirmation email.
- 2.5.To be eligible for any discounts or offers offered in our ‘New Year 2020 Campaign’, reservations must be made from the official Machiya Residence Inn campaign page.
- 2.6.Certain rules and restrictions may apply to options and offers offered in this Campaign.
3. Campaign Terms & Conditions
- 3.1.Check-in Time (to your machiya house): Any time after 16:00
- 3.2.Check-out Time (from your machiya house): By 11:00
- 3.3.To qualify for the complimentary luggage delivery on your check-in date, guests MUST check-in at our Machiya Residence Inn check-in desk between 9:00 ~ 15:00.
- a.1 luggage piece/per guest will be delivered free of charge on guests’ check-in date. Ex) Reservation made for 4 guests = Up to 4 luggage pieces will qualify for free luggage delivery
- b.If guests would like to send additional luggage pieces, an additional cost of 800 yen/per luggage piece will incur.
- c.Luggage will arrive at your house between 16:00 ~ 18:00. Guests cannot reserve a specific time for luggage delivery. Guests are NOT required to be in the house to receive luggage.
- 3.4.Machiya Residence Inn is not responsible for any items that are lost, stolen, or broken as a result of utilizing the delivery service offered through the NEW YEAR 2020 CAMPAIGN.
- 3.5.MACHIYA RESIDENCE INN cannot delivery or accept the following items:
- a.Items over 2m long, or that weigh over 30kg
- b.Items that are over 2m in total for width, height and depth
- c.Expensive or fragile items, animals and decomposable items
- d.Cardboard boxes and any items other than a suitcase or backpack
- e.Baby strollers, items with umbrellas attached, items with other bags attached
- f.Items that are difficult to handle
- 3.6.To qualify for your complimentary luggage delivery on your check-out date, guests must contact our staff at least 24 hours before check-out date (by 17:00 the day before your check-out) via telephone or email.
- a.Guests must prepare and ready their luggage by 11:00 on check-out date.
- b.1 luggage piece/per guest will be delivered free of charge on guests’ check-out date. Ex) Reservation made for 4 guests = Up to 4 luggage pieces will qualify for free luggage delivery
- c.Luggage will be available for pick-up from our Machiya Residence Inn desk between 14:00~20:00
- d.If guests would like to send additional luggage pieces, an additional cost of 800 yen/per luggage piece will incur.
- 3.7.MACHIYA RESIDENCE INN NEW YEAR 2020 CAMPAIGN Fukubukuro (Surprise Gift Bag):
- a.Guests who stay 2 nights will receive a fukubukuro gift bag with a value of:1,000 yen
- b.Guests who stay 3 nights will receive a fukubukuro gift bag with a value of: 2,000 yen
- c.Guests who stay 4 nights will receive a fukubukuro gift bag with a value of: 3,000 yen
- d.Guests who stay 5 nights or more will receive a fukubukuro gift bag with a value of: 5,000 yen
- 3.8.One (1) MACHIYA RESIDENCE INN Fukubukuro per confirmed reservation.
- 3.9.Luggage Delivery Service, Fukubukuro Gift Bag may not be exchanged for cash, other products or services and are not transferable to other persons.
4. Payment and Payment Methods
- 4.1.Accommodation payment is accepted by credit card or bank transfer only. Payment of accommodation charges and meals (‘Machiya Breakfast Bento’) must be prepaid in accordance to Article 4 as stated on our Machiya Residence Inn website Terms & Conditions page.
5. Prohibited Actions
- 5.1.Offers, discounts, vouchers and privileges cannot be exchanged for cash, other products or services and are not transferable to other persons.
- 5.2.Offer is only valid for new reservations made via our official website, and cannot be applied to reservations that have already been confirmed.
- 5.3.This special offer is a one-time offer, and is for one-time use only.
- 5.4.This offer may not be combined with any other offer(s) or promotions.
6. Violation of Terms and Services
- 6.1.If the guest violates any of the terms and conditions put forth by Machiya Residence Inn, Machiya Residence Inn reserves the right to withdrawal the Campaign and Offer(s) without notice, and/or refuse accommodation or service.
7. Cancellation of Reservation
- In cases where the guest has cancelled the Accommodation Reservation in whole or in part, the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the cancellation charge table.
- 7.1.Terms for cancellation charges are; for cancellations made on the day accommodation commences, 100% of the accommodation cost, 50% for 1 to 7 days before the accommodation commences, and 30% for 8 to 28 days before the date the accommodation commences.
- 7.2.In the case when the Guest does not appear by 9 p.m. of the accommodation date, or 2 hours after the expected time of arrival if without an advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
- 7.3.When the number of days contracted is shortened. the cancellation charge for its first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
- 7.4.In cases the preceding paragraph, when the Guest can prove that the Guest is not liable not to appear without any notification due to the cause such as no arrival or delay of a public transportation, the Hotel may not request the cancellation charges as listed in Paragraph 6.1.
8. Right to Cancel, Change, or Conclude the Campaign
- 8.1.Machiya Residence Inn reserves the right to cancel, chance, or conclude the Campaign at any time without notice.
- 8.2.We may cancel, chance, or conclude the Campaign at any time without notice to the guest.
- 8.3.Machiya Residence Inn is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the guest in accordance to the cancellation, change, or conclusion, etc. of the Campaign.
- 8.4.We may cancel, change, or conclude the Campaign at any time without notice for any of the following reasons:
- a.In case of periodic or urgent maintenance, inspection, and updating of equipment and systems required to provide any service.
- b.In cases where it is difficult to provide each service due to disasters such as fire, blackout, natural disaster, earthquake, etc.
- c.In cases where telecommunication services cannot be provided or supplied.
- 8.5.In addition, Machiya Residence Inn may temporarily suspend, stop, or conclude all Campaign services or offers if we deem it to be too difficult to carry out any service or operation. In the case that we temporarily suspend, stop, or conclude any service, Machiya Residence Inn will not be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the guest or third party.
9. Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws
- 9.1.Litigation arising from the Terms & Conditions for Accommodation contract will be resolved in Kyoto District Court or Kyoto Summary Court in the jurisdiction of the Hotel and in accordance with Japanese law.
- 9.2.Machiya Residence Inn accepts no liability for the goods and services provided by the merchants involved in this promotion.
- 9.3.In the event of a dispute with the Company concerning the use of this Terms & Conditions and any service, the Kyoto District Court shall be the exclusive agreement jurisdiction.