1. Scope of Application
- 1.2.Machiya Residence Inn may change the terms and conditions of the “Summer Getaway” 2019 Campaign (“campaign”, “offer”, “Summer Campaign”, “Summer Getaway”) at any time without notice. Any change to the terms of conditions of this Campaign will be reflected in the Terms and Conditions found on the Campaign website, and will be deemed the official version of the Terms and Condition for the “Summer Getaway” 2019 Campaign.
- 1.3.Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements between the Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- 2.1.This campaign is valid for confirmed reservations with a check-in date between: 2019/05/06〜2019/07/12
- 2.2.Guests must make a reservation for a minimum of 2 nights or more.
- 2.3.If a guests’ preferred machiya house is unavailable, our Machiya Residence Inn staff will provide an alternative suggestion.
- 2.4.Guests must order 2 or more Machiya Breakfast Bentos (““KYOTO ORIGINAL x Fusion-Food” Machiya Breakfast Bento” and “HEALTHY FRESH x Feel-Good” Machiya Breakfast Bento and Machiya Coffee Souvenir) as listed on the Campaign website page to qualify for any meal discount.
- 2.5.The 10% discount will only be applied to your total accommodation fee.
- 2.6.Your reservation will be only be confirmed after a full payment has been made, and you have received a confirmation email.
- 2.7.Our ‘MACHIYA Breakfast Bento’ may contain your allergen: peanut; tree nuts; soy; wheat; egg; milk; seafood (shellfish, fish, and crustaceans); sesame; etc. Please contact our staff before you make a reservation.
- 2.8.Our ‘MACHIYA Breakfast Bento’ is made in a facility that comes in contact with the following: peanut; tree nuts; soy; wheat; egg; milk; seafood (shellfish, fish, and crustaceans); sesame; etc. Machiya Residence Inn cannot guarantee there will be no cross-contamination, and is unable to take responsibility for any allergic reactions.
- 2.9.To be eligible for any discounts or offers offered in our ‘Summer Getaway 2019 Campaign’, reservations must be made from the official Campaign page.
- 2.10.Certain rules and restrictions may apply to options and offers offered in this Campaign.
3. Payment and Payment Methods
- 3.1.Accommodation and Machiya Breakfast Bento payment is accepted by credit card or bank transfer only. Payment of Accommodation charges and meals (‘Machiya Breakfast Bento’) must be prepaid in accordance to Article 4 as stated on our Machiya Residence Inn website Terms & Conditions page.
- 3.2.“KYOTO ORIGINAL x Fusion-Food” Machiya Breakfast Bento price per meal is 3,000 yen plus tax.
- 3.3.“HEALTHY FRESH x Feel-Good” Machiya Breakfast Bento & Machiya Coffee souvenir price per meal is 3,000 yen plus tax.
4. Prohibited Actions
- 4.1.Offers, discounts, vouchers and privileges cannot be exchanged for cash, other products or services and are not transferable to other persons.
- 4.2.Discount and bonus offer is only valid for new reservations made via our official website, and cannot be applied to confirmed reservations.
- 4.3.This special offer is a one-time offer, and is for one-time use only.
- 4.4.The 10% discount can only be applied to your total accommodation fee, and cannot be applied to accommodation taxes, delivery services, meals, etc.
- 4.5.This offer may not be combined with any other offer(s) or promotions.
5. Violation of Terms and Services
- 5.1.If the guest violates any of the terms and conditions put forth by Machiya Residence Inn, Machiya Residence Inn reserves the right to withdrawal the Campaign and Offer(s) without notice, and/or refuse accommodation or service.
6. Cancellation of Reservation
- In cases where the guest has cancelled the Accommodation Reservation in whole or in part, the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the cancellation charge table.
- 6.1.Terms for cancellation charges are; for cancellation made on the day accommodation commences, 100% of accommodation cost, 50% for 1 to 7 days before the accommodation commences, and 30% for 8 to 28 days before the date the accommodation commences.
- 6.2.In the case when the Guest does not appear by 9 p.m. of the accommodation date, or 2 hours after the expected time of arrival if without an advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
- 6.3.When the number of days contracted is shortened. the cancellation charge for its first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
- 6.4.In cases the preceding paragraph, when the Guest can prove that the Guest is not liable not to appear without any notification due to the cause such as no arrival or delay of a public transportation, the Hotel may not request the cancellation charges as listed in Paragraph 6.1.
7. Right to Cancel, Change, or Conclude the Campaign
- 7.1.Machiya Residence Inn reserves the right to cancel, chance, or conclude the Campaign at any time without notice.
- 7.2.We may cancel, chance, or conclude the Campaign at any time without notice to the guest.
- 7.3.Machiya Residence Inn is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the guest in accordance to the cancellation, change, or conclusion, etc. of the Campaign.
- 7.4.We may cancel, change, or conclude the Campaign at any time without notice for any of the following reasons:
① In case of periodic or urgent maintenance, inspection, and updating of equipment and systems required to provide any service.
② In cases where it is difficult to provide each service due to disasters such as fire, blackout, natural disaster, earthquake, etc.
③ In cases where telecommunication services cannot be provided or supplied.
- 7.5.In addition, Machiya Residence Inn may temporarily suspend, stop, or conclude all Campaign services or offers if we deem it to be too difficult to carry out any service or operation. In the case that we temporarily suspend, stop, or conclude any service, Machiya Residence Inn will not be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the guest or third party.
8. Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws
- 8.1.Litigation arising from the Terms & Conditions for Accommodation contract will be resolved in Kyoto District Court or Kyoto Summary Court in the jurisdiction of the Hotel and in accordance with Japanese law.
- 8.2.Machiya Residence Inn accepts no liability for the goods and services provided by the merchants involved in this promotion.
- 8.3.In the event of a dispute with the Company concerning the use of this Terms & Conditions and any service, the Kyoto District Court shall be the exclusive agreement jurisdiction.